Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Not a recipe, but a product (organic pop tarts)...

Posted by
Carole
(wheelerc@nomail.com) on
Wed, May 23, 01 at 22:02

About a year ago my husband and I tried an organic pop tart that we absolutely loved. After purchasing several boxes we found that the store we bought them at no longer carried them. We have looked at other natural food stores with no luck. Unfortunately, and not very useful to any of you, but we threw the last empty box away (as anyone would) so I don't even remember the name of the product. They were made with organic flour and fruit spread, sweetened with fruit juice and had no icing on top. They were wonderful! We miss them. Does anyone here eat any product like this and if so what is the brand name that you like? Maybe if I see the name I'll remember, and then I can find a website or something.

Thanks in advance. :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Not a recipe, but a product (organic pop tarts)

I think you might have had Healthy Valley Breakfast Bakes. They are touted as a substitute for poptarts. According to their ad -

These fat-free breakfast bars have only 110 calories -- 90 percent of which are from carbohydrates, meaning they give you plenty of energy. They're low in sodium (only 25
grams per bar) and are a good source of dietary fiber. Even the ingredients sound good: organic 100 percent whole-wheat flour, dates, honey and a list of dried fruits.

o

No, that's not it, but thanks, I'll look into that one. :-)

o

bet they are Amy's. Yum!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here