Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: new frozen burger on the market

Posted by
Teri
(terijacob@yahoo.com) on
Sun, May 6, 01 at 21:34

Just tried the new Morningstar Farms product, Grillers Prime. IMHO, I think it's the best so far of the burgers that try to replace hamburgers. (as opposed to veggie burgers which are already pretty good) It's not perfect, and it's certainly not juicy, but they're getting closer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: new frozen burger on the market

I haven't liked any of the Morning Star products I've bought. We have started using Natural Touch garden patties, which aren't bad. There is another one available here called 'Boca Burger' but we haven't bothered with it. None of the ones we've tried are as good as Garden Burgers used to be. I wish that Garden Burger hadn't tried to go so 'gourmet'. They really had a good product when they started.

I don't know if Trader Joe's is a national chain or not, but I was told a couple of days ago that they have a garden burger that is quite good and it's always available. I don't know anything about it, ingredients or anything else, just that it's supposed to be good. I may go and check into it.

o
Meant to add...

We haven't really been looking for a 'burger' substitute, just an alternative. Glad you found something that works for you. :-)

o

I am not a vegan, but I love veggies...and I love Boca Burgers! I also agree about the old Garden Burgers...they used to be wonderful! Haven't tried Griller's Prime, but I'll check them out. Thanks for the "heads up"!

o

I'm not a vegan, but I married one. Anyway, I too love Boca Burgers, at least the Chef Max variety (haven't tried the others).

o

Carole,

I agree, Santa Fe roasted pepper garden burgers, what's with that? But, garden burger still sells the old plain original (green box I think). Maybe it's just me, but some of the brands that put lots of energy trying to taste meaty are a little too meaty for us non beef eaters.

o

I have tried most of the veggie burgers, and the Grliiers Prime are the best! They claim to taste like real hamburgers, but I don't know if that is true- I have been a vegetarian for so long that I don't remember what meat tastes like!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here