Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancyjane_gardener

RECIPE: Looking for vegan breakfast ideas

nancyjane_gardener
10 years ago

I don't get hungry till I have been at work for an hour or 2, so I need some grab and go ideas! I don't have access to a microwave in the morning either. Thanks, Nancy

Comments (9)

• jamrock
    10 years ago

Take Oatmeal in a short Thermos to work with you! It's quick to make, fills you up and is very good for you. My brother makes oatmeal with rice milk (you can use whichever milk you like - soy, almond, etc.) and take it to work in a thermos. It stays warm for about 6 hours. I also just started making it for my husband - old fashioned oats or the TJ's Organic Multigrain Cereal which is like oatmeal but has other grains as well, using rice milk, and put it in a thermos and when he goes to have it around 4 hrs. later he tells me it's still warm.

• Natures_Nature
    10 years ago

Fruit! Vegetables! You can take them in a bag, or blend them into a delicious smoothie and drink that throughout the day. I personally eat fruit for breakfast. If you have the discipline, to stick with it, i guarantee you within a week you'll like the results.. I never felt better in my life. If there's one thing you can benefit most from, it would be eating more fruits and vegetables, ideally raw.. But people now a days probably think I'm crazy..

• veggiegal1
    10 years ago

I juice carrots and apples or make a smoothie from pineapple, grapes and kale (you can make baggies of this up and put in the freezer until you want to make a smoothie then just take it out and mix it up) and drink it on the way to work. I usually don't get hungry until 2 in the afternoon because there are so many vitamins in it. I make my own fresh whole wheat bread once a week, so other days I just have a couple slices of toast and some grapes, a banana or an apple and eat it on the way to work. Home made granola works good too.

• Jim Gagnepain
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

Scrambled tofu. Grill onions first. Add crumbled firm tofu. Add some Braggs and some crushed coriander. Add a few tablespoons of nutritional yeast. Cook until water is evaporated, and then a little longer, to brown just slightly.

• Erin
    7 years ago

Overnight oats! Just a quick google on it will give you tons of ideas. Basically you make it the night before and it cold (or warmed in the microwave) the next day. It travels well and doesn't require a thermos, just any old jar.

Other little snack-like things I really like to grab and go - bananas, applesauce (the travel size ones, often come in lots of flavours), vegan yogurt with granola in a travel container, un-salted almonds or other nut mixes, naan or pita bread with peanut butter (I spread it on and then put in a sandwich baggie).

• User
    7 years ago

Quinoa- treat it like oatmeal. Great protein.

• worldsfantasticcooks
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

We have a Indian version Oats Tortilla(dosa) which is very simple to make.

Sharing a link https://youtu.be/h0IUPQlTWwM

• jeanwedding. zone 6
    26 days ago

Vegan Eggs I take yellow Mung beans prob 1 to 1/2 cup soak overnight Then rinse till water is clear. Drain then Receipe calls for non dairy milk but I just use filtered water and to 2 tsp of Garlic powder, onion powder,or less turmeric and paprika 3 TBS nutritional Yeast Blend all till nice kind of like thick cake batter I bo ught a handheld blender. Great I make soak ,blenderize and store all in the same glass bow.l I store glass bowl in Fridge with a lid and eat every other day with quinoa I make up ahead of time too. So delicious. I pour enough in my cast iron skillet like a "pancake. before I eat I sprinkle "curry powder" on top. YUM YUM the other day I added a prev baked slice into chunks potato to.. I also grab a handfull of either Romaine. or leaf lettuce while eating all. I keep my glass of water near by because it can sometimes be a bit dry. Also cooked rice is good too heated up in skillet after the Vegan egg is a bit firm or little crispy or browned.

Just eggs makes it already but its expensive hard to find and I dont want the added preservatives and Plastic bottle, who knows what else.

My fav breakfast... next dy I might eat oatmeal made up ahead of time in sep bowls and add quinia tthat I prev made togher with cinamon and if want sweetness add a little fruit preerves to concotion before eating.. just my 2 cents worth happy veganism I imabine you could sub yellow spit peas or any other beans.. Yrllow just makes iy look more like scrambled eggs. Nutrional yeast is getting harder to find nd more expensive too lately... So wish I bought even more last time I bought it in "bulk" from Health Food store back in Big city... I havent tried the tofu eggs yet prob just as good wityh the "spices"

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm