Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: soy cheese in Florida???

Posted by
Lorraine
(profetal@yahoo.com) on
Mon, Apr 9, 01 at 15:37

I bought soy cheese in Krogers in Houston TX but now in Ft. Laud. I don't know where to find it.

Please let me know if anyone in florida is buying or ordering soy chesse. thanks, lorraine

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: soy cheese in Florida???

Lorraine, I don't know FL well at all, but here in the midwest it's not hard to find, so I'm thinking you can find it too. Do you have any "superstores" nearby? The larger grocery stores here all carry it. Look in their 'health food' or vegetarian section, if they have one. Even most of our normal-sized groceries carry it - and this area isn't exactly a hotbed of vegetarianism! :) Also, check around at any health or nutrition store - we only have 2 in this area but they both carry a nice selection.

Finding the same brand you found in Houston may or may not be easy. I've found very few that I like although some of them are ok for some things.

Also, if you like to cook you might want to look at cookbooks by Joanne Stepaniak - she has lots of recipes for cheese substitutes that you can make yourself. Not the sliced-cheese kind, but still, a lot of fun to try.

Good luck!

o

You can get soy cheese at Publix supermarkets. Also if you have a Wholefoods grocer near you- or a Chamberlains Market- they will have what you need:) - Lisa

o

Tried to post this before, but my browser crashed - trying again:

Galaxy Foods makes some good veggie cheeses,sold @ Kash ~N~ Karry & Publix supermarkets & health food stores here.They contain casein,if that's a consideration.I think they're based in Orlando.

http://www.galaxyfoods.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Galaxy Foods

o

I think all the major grocery stores in my area of florida has some, winn dixie, publix, kash n karry, and the walmart super center. Look in the produce section for it not the dairy. peace, pea

o

You could try Wild Oats on E. Sunrise Blvd, almost to the beach if you are in that area. I've never looked for soy cheese but Wild Oats is the best health food store in the area as far as I'm concerned. It is near the Galleria, north side of the street.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here