Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Killer Vegetarian Grill Recipes

Posted by
Kim
(whispery@willowwhisper.com) on
Fri, Mar 16, 01 at 21:32

I'm having a deck christening party next weekend. Anyone have any really great vegetarin grill recipes?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Killer Vegetarian Grill Recipes

Thanks for asking this question Kim. ....... I am also interested in the info you receive!!!! Oh, we like grilled veggies in a pita with lots of parsley or sprouts and mustard. Salena

o

Well, since you haven't gotten any recipies, I'll tell you what we do. I wouldn't classify this as "killer," but we like them. Use a salad dressing to marinade whole canned potatoes, whole mushrooms, canned pineapple chunks, cherry tomatoes, chunks of bell pepper (using different color peppers adds to it), and chunks of onion. We use Italian or French dressing (not the creamy style). Then skewer all the veggies and place on the grill. Everyone always loves it.

o

I love to grill a mixture of vegetables and serve them. If you grill big things, and enough of them, they are a main dish serving:

Zuchinni and yellow crook-neck squash - slice into "planks" lengthwise about 1/4 inch thick.

Mushrooms - very large, leave whole, portabello are nice but are intense. I use large white button mushrooms

Green peppers - cut in half or quarters, seed and remove membrane and stem

Onions - peel and slice about 1/2 inch thick, poke soaked skewers through them to keep the rings together

Eggplant - slice in planks as well

Tomatoes - leave whole (make sure peel is unbroken) and turn carefully. Cherry type should be skewered so they don't fall through.

Asparagus - blanch first so that they cook through before burning up!!

Brush or toss the veggies with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, etc. to your liking. Then, toss on the grill and cook to desired doneness.

I can sit and eat this in piles! You get the true flavour of the items plus a slight smoky flavour from the grill.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here