Low-Fat, Low-Cholesterol Cookbook - AHA
Yield: 12 Tablespoons
1/2 lb. firm tofu, cubed
In a food processor or blender, process the first 5 ingredients just until mixed. With machine stil running, add oil very slowly and then add water. Blend until smooth. Stop machine a few times during processing and scrape the sides. Keeps for up to 3 minths when refrigerated in an airtight container.
1 T. equals: 45 calories…1 gm protein…<1 gm carbohydrate…4 gm fat (<1 gm saturated)…0 cholesterol…50 mg sodium
Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here