TOMATOES WITH PARSLEY PESTO
1 c. packed fresh parsley
1/4 c. snipped fresh chives
1 garlic clove
3 T. olive or vegetable oil
2 T. cider or red wine vinegar
3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
In a blender or food processor, combine the first 4 ingredients. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add oil and vinegar; mix well. Transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate/ When ready to serve, add tomatoes and gently toss to coat.
Nutritional Analysis: One 2-Tablespoon serving of pesto equals: 79 calories…12 mg sodium…0 cholesterol …4 gm carbohydrate…1 gm protein…7 gm fat ++++ Exchanges: 1 fat…1 vegetable
|I'll substitute the parsley for fresh basil. I have about five pounds of basil which I had to harvest yesterday as the buds were starting to show. |
If you have any other recipes for basil in large quanities I would very much employ your talents!
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here