Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_gw

RECIPE: Help. . Veggie Baby Shower @ 12 Noon. What do I serve?

Lisa
23 years ago

I am throwing a baby shower and she wants it to be all vegitarian. She does Cheese and milk. Does anyone have any easy and cheap ideas? I can only think of a veggie and fruit platter from Costco!!! HELP

Comments (8)

• Gardener
    23 years ago

If eggs are OK, fritata or an egg/bread/herb casserole would be easy. Or how about spring rolls? Or baked potatoes with cheese/veg/herb topping? Or veggie pizza.

• Mary
    23 years ago

Cheese and crackers. Fruit bowl, veggie tray, egg salad or cucumber sandwiches as made for tea parties! Celery stuffed with cream cheese. I've made a frozen fruit slush. Take cans of crushed pineapple, fruit cocktail, sliced strawberries, bananas if you like. I drain all but the pineapple. Mix in a large bowl and add orange juice or Sunny D so that there is plenty of liquid. I've purchased the small plastic punch cups and pour the mixture in those and freeze on flat surface. Let them sit out a couple of hours before serving.

• sandra ohio
    23 years ago

For a yummy fuit dip take a jar of marshmellow and a package of cream cheese and whip together add a lttle pinapple juice to thin it just a little .
    YUMMY!!!

• Cate
    22 years ago

Quiche is easy and you can make a variety of them including Spinach, artichoke, smoked swiss, roasted pepper...use your imagination.

• barb
    22 years ago

Don't forget Salsa for a dip and Tacos. Check out any of the either Borsch or cold fruit soups and add the veggies and or fruit platters also assorted breads and crackers. For the beverage, cranberry juice, crushed strawberries mixed with gingerale. A fruit ring of ice is great here.

Remember the main reason is the beautiful gifts and friends getting together for the upcoming birth of a child. Relax and enjoy.

• jifrah
    22 years ago

No marshmallow at a veggie party, please. Contains gelatin.

• veronicae
    22 years ago

Vegetable lasagna. Cooking Light's website (cookinglight.com)- but you have to turn off add blaster to use it...has lots of meatless dishes that are easy to use. V.

• christine
    22 years ago

Jifrah, if you are referring to the marshmallow in the fruit dip recipe, she said it calls for a jar of marshmallow- I assume she means marshmallow fluff. Marshmallow fluff does not contain gelatin (I used to use it in place of regular marshmallows to make Rice Krispie Treats) or at least it didn't last time I bought some.