VEGETABLE LENTIL STEW
“Quick Cooking” Magazine - May, 2000
4 c. reduced-sodium V-8 or tomato juice
2 cans (14-1/2 oz., each) Italian stewed tomatoes
1 can (16 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
2 medium potatoes, cubed
1 large onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 sweet red pepper, chopped
1 c. lentils
2 T. minced parsley
2 T. chili powder
2 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1/2 c. light sour cream
1/2 c. low-fat plain yogurt
2 T. snipped chives
In a Dutch oven, combine the first 15 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until lentils and vegetables are tender. Stir in spinach; heat through. Combine topping ingredients; dollop about 1 T. on each serving.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving equals: 216 calories…392 mg sodium…4 mg cholesterol…38 gm carbohydrate…12 gm protein…2 gm fat…12 gm fiber ++++ Exchanges: 2 starch…1 vegetable…1/2 meat
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here