Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: vegetarian andouille sausage

Posted by Meghane (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 14, 03 at 20:57

I'm hooked on Morningstar Farms breakfast patties. I was wondering if anyone has made a reasonably good andouille sausage from vegetarian sources, like veggie crumbles or other "sausage" products or maybe something I don't know about. I'm not vegan.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: vegetarian andouille sausage

Me, too. I'm hooked on nearly everything Morningstar Farms offers. I'm not sure what andouille sausage is but, according to Webster, it's "spicy pork sausage." Have you tried Boca's sausages? There's an Italian that I smother in sauteed onions, green peppers and mushrooms. I think it's pretty dry without the toppings but pretty good with them. They also have something they call Bratwurst. I have it in the freezer but haven't tried it yet. I'm planning to pair it with sauerkraut.

o

GemmeLean sausage flavor is an excellent sausage substitute. It's usually kept in the produce department in grocery stores. I rate it higher than either Boca or Morning Star. I made sausage stuffing to go along with our nutmeat roast for Thanksgiving last year, even the meat-eaters at the table thought it was tasty.

o

Boca makes Italian and smoked sausages, and also a bratwurst that is great baked with sauerkraut and spicy mustard. Sometimes I wonder if we like just because we've eaten it for so long, or if it's really good. Hard to tell...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here