CURRIED WALNUT RICE SALAD
Adapted from “Light & Tasty” Magazine
1-3/4 c. brown rice, cooked and cooled
1 medium cucumber, diced
1/2 c. chopped onion
1 large carrot, shredded
1 T. minced fresh parsley
3 T. fat-free mayonnaise
2 T. canola oil
1 T. lemon juice
2 tsp. honey
1 tsp. curry powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 c. chopped walnuts, toasted
4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
In a large bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the next 7 ingredients; stir into rice mixture. Just before serving, stir in walnuts. Garnish with tomatoes.
Nutritional Analysis: One 3/4-cup serving equals: 198 calories…7 gm fat (1 gm saturated)…0 cholesterol….40 mg sodium…31 gm carbohydrate…3 gm fiber…4 gm protein ++++ Exchanges: 2 starch…1 vegetable…1 fat
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.