Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: A little help in getting started

Posted by
kristi
(datdog@usa.net) on
Mon, Jan 8, 01 at 7:49

Just got back from a six am exercise class, half dead wanting coffee! I'm making a life style change. *oh so slowly* It's been a long time in coming. One of my first steps is to change the way I eat I'm looking for some information on this whole Vegetarian life style-so to speak. Any help, favorite books, recipes etc. Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: A little help in getting started

Congratulations on the start of your life change. Your body will soon be thanking you for it. I once read that it only takes 21 days to make a habit, so stick with it. One of my favorite books on starting out as a vegetarian is called: Becoming Vegetarian : The Complete Guide to Adopting a Healthy Vegetarian Diet
by Vesanto Melina, Brenda Davis, Victoria Harrison

It has some great pointers and recipes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Vegetarian-Tips

o

Hi,

Hmm..getting started. Well, it depends on your lifestyle before. If you never consumed much meat before, making the switch shouldn't be that difficult. But if you did consume lots of it, then it might be a little bit more challenging. What i would do is take each meal at a time. If you prefer to have some sort of meat with your meal, first, try to make it a side dish, for example, instead of a steak or a breast of chicken, how about you take half that breast of chicken and use it a a filler...like in stir fries, or as a topping. Instead of centering your meal around meat, try to make it an add-on. Also, once that starts working out, try going for one day with meat. Then try two and so on. Hope this helps a little bit.

good luck

savita

o

Here are 2 great links that may be of some help....

http://www.healthwell.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Vegsource.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Vegetarian Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here