Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ogunquit Maine?

Posted by BombShelle (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 20, 02 at 20:05

Can anyone give some information on staying here? There are so may different lodgings I wouldn't know where to begin. We don't want a B&B or a cottage but a really nice hotel type. And the weather in early August late July?Any other information you can give me would sure be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ogunquit Maine?

I was just coming on this site to ask for info for the same place! Only I would be interested in renting a house/cottage. If anyone has any links to rental realtors I owuld appreciate it!

o

They have a chamber of commerce, if you fiddle around with the name you'll probably be able to access it. (I live one town away). Among the nicest hotels is the Anchorage By the Sea. There are several others that are every bit as nice, but even though I drive past them daily I can't recite their names!

Realtors:
ERA Masiello group
Century 21
Anne Irwin
Rivers By the Sea
probably more links by surfing around for the Ogunquit chamber of commerce, or the one for Wells, or better yet, York.

If you go to Ogunquit make sure you use the trolley in the summer. Traffic and parking are a nightmare, the trolleys are reliable, affordable, and convenient since locals always let them into traffic!

o

I did email the Chamber of Commerce for a guide. I will check out links for York and Wells, too. Thank you for taking the time to respond and for the info!

o

The Yellow Monkey is a nice guesthouse - it's on the main drag in town. Summer in New England is wonderful - but o the coast it can be cool at night - bring a light jacket or sweater. Enjoy your visit! It's a beautiful area.

o

We really enjoyed the Juniper Hill Inn. It is right on Route 1 and a short (5 min) walk through a beautiful neighborhood to the beach. Indoor pool, outdoor pool and jacuzzi. The rooms are very nice as well.

Hope this helps. It is such a wonderful place to go. Make sure to have breakfast at the Omelette Factory. Amazing omelettes (and other stuff, too!).

o

Hi

We vacation in Maine almost every summer. Last year we rented a cottage through Seaside Rentals in York. Our cottage was in Ogunquit and close to Little Beach. Their catalog is on their website at Seasiderentals.com
I would suggest you book soon, since things fill rather quickly. Have a great vacation.

Shell

o

You will have a lovely vacation for sure! I went there every summer as a kid...my parents owned a summer cottage. There is something for everyone and for all ages. Enjoy!

o

When you live in a resort community you very often tend to take the beauty around you for granted. It's sad, but true.

It delights me to see how many of you have enjoyed your visits to, "my neck of the woods"! I sometimes get frustrated with slow drivers, but always force myself to SLOW DOWN, relax and take a lesson from visitors. I freely volunteer information and directions, too...

o

We stayed at the Nellie Littlefield house in September of 2001. It was the first time either of us had ever stayed at a B&B and it was a wonderful experience! We were right in the middle of town. There are so many places to stay in Ogunquit ... I don't think you can go wrong with any choice.

We were fortunate to miss the summer crowds. I know I wouldn't have enjoyed our time there if we had to fight crowds everywhere.

Definitely take the trolleys. Forget driving unless you're traveling beyond the areas the trolleys serve. Plan a visit to Stonewall Kitchen in York ... it's just down the road.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ogunquit

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here