Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cody Wy

Posted by Tosh (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 5, 02 at 19:35

Anyone from Cody Wy? Can you tell me what the weather is out like there 20 miles west towards Yellowstone. I checked the weather channels but the doesn't give temps in the mountain areas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cody Wy

Not from there but I have had the pleasure of going there several times. Are you driving or flying? Cold and lots of snow. You should be able to go to Yellowstones website and get their local weather, I think they have satellite so you can view what is going on in the park, weather wise. Have you tried Cody's website, I am sure they would tell you current conditions. What is taking you there? If you have time, stop in to see the silversmith on the western edge of town, north side of the street. He does some great work with Elk ivory. Have fun.

o

TwoAcres,

I posted this before my husband left (driving) for Cody. Our last visit there was September 1990. He called and said it was in the 40/50s and no snow. We are planning on going back there together just don't know when. We spent 8 hours at the museum and stopped at one retail store being on a time schedule we had to move on.

What other things could you suggest to see or do there? Did you fly or drive? If so can you give us some details?

Thanks, Tosh

o

I have only driven there. I am not one for flying. Have been there in all seasons. It still has that small town charm even though there has been a great deal of commercialization there. There are some really unique shops there, that's what I am into. Depending on the time of year you visit, there is a beautiful lake just on the western outskirts of town, you take the main road as if you were heading to Yellowstone. It's on the south side of the street. In the summer the color of the water is almost a teal, it's quite breathtaking. The tunnel that was built through the mountain is pretty neat as well, just a little scarry when you come out. The river runs to the north of town, there is a beautiful gorge that you can see if you get out of your car. The southern end of town still holds a few really unique places to see. If the goldsmith is still in business, you'll find him at the western edge of town on the north side of the street. A couple of years ago he lost his wife and things were getting hard for him.
Then there's always Yellowstone to the west and a national park that you'll drive through going to the park. I love that country.

o

Thanks for the reply! Yellowstone happens to be one of our favorite parks. We traveled by car for years now we mostly fly and rent a car.

o

We visited Yellowstone by car in October of this year(2 mos.)ago.While we were there it snowed several inches and was really cold.We loved it though and look forward to going back again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here