Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall in the Smoky Mountains Advice, Please

Posted by walnutcreek (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 10, 12 at 15:12

Our family of 10 wants to rent a cabin in the Fall for a place in the Smoky Mountains. I would like to receive your thoughts and recommendations of the best month to go for Fall color, the name of most reasonably priced accommodations and where they are located, and the places to see and go to.

I look forward to your thoughts and recommendations.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall in the Smoky Mountains Advice, Please

I don't know anything about that, but wanted to go to Mt Magazine near Booneville, AR. in the fall for the colors. There is a lodge there and I inquired about a cabin, they were booked a year in advance. So if you find something keep that in mind. Mt Magazine is the tallest mountain in Arkansas which doesn't compare to the Smokys. It's close to my home and I visited often as a child, so I have memories of the mountain.

o

Thanks, Emma. I am aware reservations have to be made way in advance. That is why I posted here so early, but so far you are the only one who has responded.

o

Well, guess I am more bored than the rest of them. LOL

I took a trip last fall through the Smokies, but wasn't looking for a place to stay. It was a bus tour. Good luck to you and your family. Sounds like fun, with my family..no fun at all. (:-))

o

Google Smokey Mountains then request a vacation pack. They send alot of info places to stay cabins to rent ect.

o

End of Oct is the best for color change and look at staying in Townsend it's not that far from the action but you will get better rates. I live in Knoxville about 1 hour from the mountains

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here