SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
otmsheffield

Delta cancelled flight - did not inform

otmsheffield
17 years ago

Less than 48 hours before we're due to leave on a long anticipated family vacation, I discovered that Delta cancelled our flight and assigned us to an earlier one. When I could not pull up our flight # on the Delta website, I called and was told that it was eliminated back on October 15th. The airline had my telephone #, email address and mailing address, yet they failed to use any of them to communicate with me about the change. If I had not thought to check the website this evening, we would have arrived at the airport after our new flight's departure time. The return flight was changed as well, and it's also at an earlier time. Once I got done with Delta, I had to call our ground transportation and change the arrangements with them. Altogether, I wasted about 90 minutes online & on the phone this evening, adding to an already stressful day.

If you have any airline travel booked for the holidays, especially with Delta, be sure to verify your flights well ahead of time and check back close to your departure, too. After previous negative experiences with both Delta and NWA, we went back to driving on all trips that required less than 12 hrs. of road time. This is the first leisure travel we've booked with an airline in several years, and I'm already regretting our decision not to drive.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Native Plant Scapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Your Friendly Native Plant Landscape Designers in Loudoun County