Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
iso: rental cottage in maine

Posted by anathema (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 2, 05 at 20:56

I am planning to visit Maine next summer and am looking for a cottage to rent,preferably on the ocean.All I seem to find online are houses in neighborhoods or cottages with TVs,etc. I am looking for something somewhat isolated that has electric.I want a "camping out" experience with four walls. I went to Half Moon Pond in Vermont this year and rented a cottage and we had a blast. It had beds, a light, and a bathroom down the road. That is essentially what I am looking for in Maine. Does anyone know a website or agency I can contact? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: iso: rental cottage in maine

The best place to find a good summer cottage is in the "Vacation Rentals" section of Downeast Magazine. Their listings start to pick up in late winter and early spring. You can get the magazine at most big bookstores. The listings will give you a good idea of where you might like to stay, so get a good map and have fun. Once you get an idea of where you want to be, you can also Google some of the towns and find a realtor, most of them handle cottage rentals, since it's a big business up there.

You'll love Maine, what a place. Have a great trip.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here