Wed, Nov 19, 03 at 16:12

Hawaii is out.. Wife sez 14hrs burns 2 days and two much
Island hopping... NOw this is her choice
anybody been there.
Dave

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: St. Croix anybody been there?

My son and daughter inlaw went there shortly after sept 11 for their honeymoon. They really liked the island, it has an interesting history, I believe it was a danish settlement.

Sandy

o

It's OK. My best bet would be Aruba. Always Sunny and safe.

o

The crime rate is really bad. The cruise ships have all but stopped going there because of it. Headlines in the papers here about sewage running in the streets in Christiansted (which is a beautiful town.)

You've been to St. Thomas, so why not try St. John?

o

You might try the other St. Croix Island, between Maine and New Brunswick. It's celebrating the 400th anniversary as the first French settlement in North America where not everyone was massacred, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: St. Croix International Historical Site

o

Yes - have been there and chose to live there!!! Do NOT listen to GingerStThomas. St. Croix actually has LESS crime than St.Thomas, St. Thomas pays the cruise lines money to stop there!! St. Thomas is known as "Little New York City" in our neck of the woods and fine for maybe a day or at the most two. St. Croix is a laid back island that LOVES visitors. We have a wonderful history, have preserved our historical sites, have the best diving and beaches in the Caribbean, and the nicest people.
Our saying is "we live here and we love it"
Check out the link below..it is not my website however, even I enjoy the webcams!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Go To St. Croix

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here