Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for a good vacation spot in Fla. Keys area

Posted by iloveroosters (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 13, 03 at 13:48

My husband and I are thinking of going to Florida in late Feb. We are looking at the Keys or Sanibel Island area. Never having been down in that part of the state (only Orlando), we aren't sure where to stay.

I would like someplace not too wild, without high rise hotels all over the beaches and without stripclubs and bars everywhere. Basically I think a serene place on the beach with shopping nearby and bicycle paths, good swimming/snorkeling, a nice nature preserve possibly, and a place that has a kitchenette.

Any suggestions from people who have been to my dream vacation???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for a good vacation spot in Fla. Keys area

There is a regular poster on the "Buying a home" forum that lives in the Venice area. He has several small homes he rents that sound kind of what you might be looking for. If not, he might could give you some advice. His screen name is "Retroactive" and he has some posts under "Re: Definition of McMansion II". YOu could e-mail him directly through his link. I'm sure he'd be glad to help.

o
RE: Looking for a good vacation spot in Fla. Keys area

Thanks, DLynn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here