Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
San Francisco

Posted by jxbrown (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 14, 09 at 12:20

We are going to The City for a long weekend. We have a reservation at a big name restaurant for Saturday night, but I need some fresh ideas for the rest of the time. The symphony and opera don't have interesting offerings for the weekend and it's hard to drag DH shopping. We'll also be meeting up with one of his friends who is visiting from Japan. She is a big Americanophile and has been to SF for a short visit in the past, but still would probably like to do the tourist thing somewhat. Help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: San Francisco

If you are staying in a nice hotel ask the Concierge about or look on the internet for harbor tours, I believe one of them goes to Sasalito. Sorry about the spelling I couldn't close enough for the spell check to help. LOL

o

Type in google search--San Francisco tours. I did for a friend of mine and I found several things to do and some were only half day and not too pricy.

o

There are ton of nice things to do there. But it's chilly. Wear a heavy jacket. Even in summer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here