Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Puerto Vallarta

Posted by gtsmith99 (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 1, 02 at 12:00

Hi. Me and my wife are going to Puerto Vallarta for a week at the end of November and are staying at the Mayan Palace in the Marina area.

Does anyone have any experience they can share about this resort or about Puerto Vallarta in general? Fun things to do, places to go, things to see... etc. etc.

I know there was a huge hurricane that hit last week, but the clean-up is going quickly from what I hear and everything should be fine by our arrival...

Thanks...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Puerto Vallarta

My Dh and I were there last January and had a great time. One thing I would suggest, if you are into beaches, is go to Destiladeras Beach, it had great powdery sand and the surf was not as rough as in the hotel zone. It is about a 30 minute drive from PV.
We stayed at the Holiday Inn so I can not say how the Mayan Palace was but Puerto Valarta is lovely and I am sure you will enjoy your vacation there.

o
also

Oh also, definitely take a walk along the boardwalk in Downtown Puerto Vallarta along the beach. There are several neat sculptures, like a dolphin, etc.....I have photos of our PV trip on Webshots, if interested I could send you the link to them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here