Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cruise of a lifetime--

Posted by ReaderPhil (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 19, 05 at 22:44

as far as I'm concerned! My best friend and I are booked on the Authors At Sea cruise on the Carnival Pride ship that will be leaving Los Angeles on April 2. This is a first (and possibly only) cruise for both of us and I would love any tips, web sites, etc. from people who have been on cruises. The only web site I know is cruisecritic.com. We have a suite with an outside balcony. We both got travel insurance just in case! Further plans (flying, passport, etc will be done a little later).

Any help greatly appreciated!!!! Especially if anyone was on the 2004 Authors at Sea cruise.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cruise of a lifetime--

Carnival, eh? PAR-TAY!!! Hope you're not looking to get a lot of sleep! LOL!! Carnivals are noted for their party atmosphere, lots to do....if that's what you're looking for..ENJOY!!!

Is this the Mexican Riviera Cruise?

Do you have any shore excursions booked? Tours are a great way of seeing places where you'll be docking....you have so little time at each port: take advantage of the tours and see what is worth seeing at each one.

As soon as you get on, book the LATER dinner time. If you're on shore, you'll then have time to return to the ship, shower, and get ready to dine in a much more relaxed manner. Book into a table of 6-8...lots of people to chat with and with that number, you'll usually find someone you want to talk to.

Did you get any shots? IF you're visiting Mexico, etc, get your Hepitatis shots if you're going on shore. Drink only bottled water/sodas/juices or beer. On board you're fine, but if you stray, watch your foods/liquids.

Other than that, RE-LAX! Pace yourselves...ENJOY!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here