Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Norway Advice Needed

Posted by frankc (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 20, 05 at 16:21

I'm off to Norway this spring for a week and a half. Don't know whether a rental car is a good idea or is the public transportation pretty good for sightseers. Does one need an International driver's license?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Norway Advice Needed

My DH had an international driver's license when we went to Norway. But, the trains are excellent and most towns have great public transportation. We did get a car since I was sightseeing, and he was working at one of their naval bases, teaching a class. He also got off work extremly late and the public trans wouldn't run that late. We went to Bergen and Oslo. In Bergen, most everything was in walking distance. In Oslo, the busses were great.

Susan

o
RE: Norway Advice Needed

I spent a week in Oslo last winter. As it was winter, there weren't many sights to see because it was so dark and everything closed really early, but the busses and trains seemed to be very convenient and cabs were plentiful. Oslo is a nice walking city. I'm sure it will be just beautiful in the spring.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here