Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Oakland Area/emeryville Locals

Posted by starr (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 23, 02 at 13:00

Hi I need help! I just found out that I need to be in Oakland/Emeryville Novemeber 1-3. As I am a student and don't have a lot of money to spend, I am looking for something cheap. I just looked into Motel 6 and they have two that are in the Oakland area but I know there are some prety "hard" areas of Oakland and I just want to know that I am staying in a safe area as I will be a single female. The first hotel is at 1801 Embarcadero and the other one is near Oakland airport. There is also one in Walnut Creek and I do remember that that was a nice area so I am willing to go up there if I need to since I will have a car.

Any areas to absolutly avoid would be helpful since I am still looking at other hotel options.

Also, if you know of any cheap hotels in nicer areas, I would really appreciate the feedback!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Oakland Area/emeryville Locals

There are quite a few hotels in Oakland beside Motel 6. Do you belong to Auto Club? Other that that any travel agency would help you out. Just be carefull. Oakland does have high crime areas--alot. You might want to find some way to lock your door from inside. If necessary be with 2-3 people and don't be afraid to ask someone in the hotel/motel to walk you to your room and check it out. Hope you get this before you leave and have a great trip.
Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here