Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Flying to Providence - What's Next Destination

Posted by Tomato_Girl (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 1, 03 at 11:29

We can fly Southwest Airlines to Providence, R.I rather inexpensively.

We want to rent a car and do some fun sight-seeing things for about 5 days in the North East.

Any suggestions???

Thanks in Advance

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Flying to Providence - What's Next Destination

Providence to Boston is about 90 minutes, so definitely come here for a visit. If you're not infirm, get a good map and walk. Boston is a great walking city - all the historic sights, the North End, Beacon Hill, the harbor, the Common and Public Garden, and Fanueil Hall/Quincy Market areas are all within a few miles.

I'd also go to Newport, RI - close to Providence and gorgeous. The big draws are the old mansions, with a pedestrian path right out front, between the houses and the ocean.

You might do a quick Cape trip, perhaps stopping at Plymoth Plantation first. If you have time to get that far, the Cape Cod National Beach is stunning.

You could also go to New Hampshire or Vermont, but that's a lot of driving. World-class leaf-peeping, though.

Good luck, and have a great time.

o
RE: Flying to Providence - What's Next Destination

joann, what are you into? do you like the unusual or the norm? are you into restaurants, museums, backroading, shopping, antiques, malls, architecture? give me somethin to work with! Mol in RI

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here