Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cruise to Halifax, Nova Scotia & St.John, NB (Canada)

Posted by DAVC (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 4, 02 at 10:33

Planning a Cruise for July 2003 with a bunch of friends. Were looking into possibly cruising to Canada - Carnival has a 5-day cruise out of NYC to Halifax, Nova Scotia & St.John, New Brunswick. Can anyone tell me - What is there to do (shore excursions) in these towns? I checked online and find a lot of historical tours, etc. Want to know if there is anything more outdoorsy, adventurous to do there.

Also - anyone know the weather there in July?

PLEASE HELP!!! :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cruise to Halifax, Nova Scotia & St.John, NB (Canada)

Hi there,
As someone from Halifax and living in Saint John for the past 13 years, I can tell you that cruising to these two port cities would be a fantastic trip! I have met and chatted with many Americans in the past few years who were on cruises from the US and all of them mention that they love the area, the people, the shopping and the exchange on your dollar!!!!
Like other Maritime and Atlantic provinces, the summer is really quite similar to your in NYC, i.e., an average temp of about 25-30 C or 80-90 F in July and August........there are a lot of specific tours and activities that I can suggest, feel free to contact me directly.....
Meg

o

DAVC-As a "Mainer" who travels to NB and PEI as often as possible, let me just say this: you're in for the treat of a lifetime! We absolutely love Canadians. You won't find more likeable and kind people anywhere on this earth. If you do nothing more than revel in their hospitality, you'll be 100% richer for the experience. Enjoy!

o

We did the same cruise in mid July of 2000. Flukey weather and only 60 degrees. Seas rough and they did not fill the pools and we never wore our bathing suits. Tons of kids in the hot tubs.
Halifax is beautiful and we toured on our own by taking a taxi to the Citadel. Walked down thru town and had a nice outdoor lunch. Walked back to the ship along the water.
Not too much at all to do in St. John. Good old fashioned steamed seafood to order restaurant right at the dock.
An ok trip and we loved the cruise experience but next time we will go south.

o

you will have a blast.really friendly people,beautiful scenery,great resturaunts,and if you like to party so do they.I would say this would be an excelent choice.go for it

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here