Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Things to do in the Asheville, NC area

Posted by Cattknap (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 18, 04 at 8:24

We visited Biltmore Estate last year and we have tickets in November to see their Christmas candlelight tour. Last year we stayed in downtown Asheville (big mistake) and would like to stay close to the Biltmore this year (any suggestions for middle-price hotels) - we would also love to find other fun things to see and do in the area. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Things to do in the Asheville, NC area

We stayed at the Grove Park Inn and loved it. We rented a car and drove to a couple of small towns closeby and I can't remember the names. But enjoyed it, they were small and had lots of antique shops, old time soda fountains, just little old time towns.
I thoroughly enjoyed Ashville.
Hope you have a good time!

o

Oh good Trixie - we too are staying at the Grove Park Inn and DH and I are getting an aromatherapy massage - we are excited! Antique stores - oh fun! We are going to check out Hendersonville, Flat Rock and some other retirement havens.

o

Its been a few years since I have been in the area, but not to far from there is a place you can pan for rubies (like paning for gold) and other stones for a price. Bill

o

Just got back from visiting nephew in Asheville. We had a good look inside the Grove Park Inn and took lots of pictures. They have a wonderful spa. chery-va

o

in addition to Biltmore and antique shops, ashville is a the capital for american crafts. lots of shops and some museums. Have fun.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here