Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need New Orleans Help

Posted by ELIZABETHD (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 24, 02 at 7:35

Hi
My first New Orleans trip is coming up in November. We are flying from Newfoundland (Canada) to NO and taking a cruise from there. We will be spending two separate nights in NO. I am VERY excited. I hear it is a wonderful city. Our problem is finding a nice place to stay that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. We are dealing with the Canadian/US exchange rate which doesn't help but we've yet to find anything less than $150 US.

We are open to historical, cultural, inn's and B&B's if anyone has some suggestions. Basically we want something CLEAN and close to the Ports and riverwalk.

I would GREATLY appreciate feedback from anyone who knows that part of town.

Thanks Very Much

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need New Orleans Help

Not sure what the rates are but the Doubletree is located very near the "Quarter" and the Riverwalk.

Other than that, I'd do a B&B search for anything actually in the "Quarter".

o

We go to New Orleans ever year almost. We end up staying just outside of town because if you get down where you can walk to things it gets fairly expensive. Let me know if you find something reasonable and we'll try it next time we are there.

G

o

Try www.hotels.com ... I've stayed at the Monteleone and it's not too bad (smaller hotel in the Quarter) and the Le Meridian is a big hotel like a Hyatt just across Canal from the Quarter. Never been in the Maison Dupuy but it looked ok from the outside. My folks usually stay at the Royal Sonesta but it's more expensive unless you catch a special.

Some of the garden district hotels can be nice also if you don't mind the 20-30 minute streetcar ride to the Quarter.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here