SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
akrogirl

warning re car rental with national

akrogirl
18 years ago

Hi, I usually hang out on the kitchen and appliance forums, but wanted to warn everyone of the scam pulled on us by National when we rented a car at London's Heathrow airport.

Upon returning the car, the attendant notified us that there was a scratch on the car. Knowing that I had not hit anything I was a little sceptical. However, he pointed out a minute scratch that almost required a magnifying glass to be visible, it was so minor. We had no way of knowing if the scratch was present when we rented the car or not because we certainly weren't looking for anything that hard to see. Nevertheless, we were charged an extra $300 that almost doubled our car rental cost. My husband had the presence of mind to take photos of the "damage", which really seemed to upset them, and we will be strongly contesting this "surcharge" through AmEx.

I would strongly recommend avoiding National in the future or, at the very least, take a really, really close look at your car before leaving the lot, and take photos if at all possible.

National seems to come up with novel ways of extorting extra money from us on each visit. Last year, we were charged for a tank of gas we didn't get. Needless to say, we will only use National as a last resort from now on.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022