Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need info on Helen Ga.

Posted by sandtag (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 12, 02 at 19:33

We would like to go for Thanksgiving but unsure whats there.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need info on Helen Ga.

It is a little town with a lot of shops, and restaurants. There are a few hotels, cabins, and Unicoi Park, which also has lodging. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn in town, and at rented cabins.

Thanksgiving, the leaves will be past prime, but it is still a nice destination.

Best Reuben in town is a little restaurant that overlooks the Chattahoochee river. Has outdoor seating, think it's called the International Cafe, or something like that. Melts in your mouth.

There are also fudge shops with delicious candy and fudge!

o

I was in Helen about 5 years ago with my family and it is a very quaint town. It is in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. They have set up the town to resemble a village in the Swiss Alps. You can pan for gold, shop, hike. We had a very nice weekend visit and I hope you enjoy it as well. There is alot to do and see enjoy!

o

I agree. Thanksgiving would be lovely there.

o

We go to Blairsville ofetn it is about 30 miles from Helen. Great hicking, shopping close by. If you like to flea market ther is one right outside of town also a good one in Murphy N.C. open on Sat and Sun go early. There is some good trout fishing try booking a trip with one of the local guides. Weather will be a little cool at night.

o

We are interested in going to Helen also and I did a search for Helen and got lots of information as well as requested brochures. This would probably be your best bet - I think one of the sites was the chamber of commerce - always a good source for local information! Enjoy - Vicki/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here