Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trip to Boston

Posted by azmom (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 17, 08 at 10:04

We will travel to Boston next week for 5 days. This is a short notice trip instead of a well planned one. We need your advice.

It will be just two of us with a rental car. We are physically fit and free to go anywhere in the surrounding areas in these 5 days. We are quite adventurous; enjoy cultural events, sites and !good food! We like bargains, but dont mind splurging a little for a "must have" experience.

Your suggestions will be truly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trip to Boston

Well, you're coming at the right time for Haunted Happenings in Salem. Come on a weekend, if you can - it's a big party! (I'm not even into Halloween and I enjoy it.)

You can drive from Boston, but there's lots of traffic during Haunted Happenings. You might want to take the train from North Station (the Salem train station is right downtown, so it's easy to walk everywhere) or the Salem Ferry (it lets you out near the House of the Seven Gables, also within walking distance of everything).

I'm giving you the site for Haunted Happenings, but a few things that are especially fun are ghost stories on the Friendship (a tall ship anchored in Salem Harbor), a tour of the House of the Seven Gables, and "Cry Innocent" at Old Town Hall (it's a play version of a witch trial, and the audience plays the jury). I'd recommend Strega as an excellent place to eat. (It's on the website.)

Feel free to email me privately if you're interested. I can give you directions and other ideas, if you like. Hope you have a great time!

Here's the website for the Salem Ferry: http://www.salemferry.com/directions.shtml

Here is a link that might be useful: Haunted Happenings

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here