Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
eureka springs arkansas ozarks

Posted by plaidthumb (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 07 at 22:50

Anybody have any experience with Eureka Springs, in the Ozarks? Need someplace for a weekend get away away from the kids and jobs.

As I understand it, it's a haven for artists and old hippies/new age fruitcakes? Mostly a tourist trap in town but good fresh air and some solitude in the hills outside of town.

I figure the town might be good for an hour or two of wandering, then off to the hills for some "just the two of us" time and adventure.

Thoughts or experiences from anybody here?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: eureka springs arkansas ozarks

I've been there and if you love nature you will like it for the location if nothing else. It is a tourist town, but I love the shops. I would check to see if they have any hiking trails. I don't know where you live, but you might want to check out the Queen Willamina Lodge in Mina, Ark. They have hiking trails. It's beautiful there. The URL below will give you info and the picture is deceiving, the location is not flat, it's on a mountain top. The clouds literally float right by you.

http://www.queenwilhelmina.com/

o

Eureka Springs is a nice romantic getaway. Be sure to stay in a cottage and not a hotel. I've stayed in several, but the nicest so far have been the historic cottages at Lake Lucerne. The link below is to a Branson forum, but there is a section there for Eureka Springs which has a lot of reviews of lodging, restaurants, etc. I did a review of Lake Lucerne with some pictures there.

I think you'll enjoy it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Branson forum

o

Check out the links I found on Google.com.

DH and I stayed at the Palace hotel when we were there and absolutely loved it. It is a quaint little town with lots of hills and shops - very pretty. We found the people who run the little shops to be delightful and gentle.

Here is a link that might be useful: Palace hotel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here