SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cat_herder

desperate for down time: private beach resorts??

cat_herder
15 years ago

One important part of a happy family is getting away from each other once in a while. (you may remember we have 3 kids, including 3 y.o. twins).

We work very hard, and what we want is a week on a tropical beach somewhere where no one bothers us (no kids, no drug dealers, no hookers...) I mean NO ONE. I looked at Sandals Jamaica, but quickly realized it's not a closed beach, so you have to constantly deal with locals, and women don't feel safe walking around alone, especially after dark. We need someplace where if DW says she wants to leave me on the beach and walk back to take a nap in the room, or go eat, or shop, I can say "great, have fun!" and leave it at that.

I dont really care about 100 water sport events a day, or a gigantic workout facility. I want to lay on the beach, or in the water, drink cocktails, and be left alone.

Help us, please! The island you suggest, and the tour/company/resort. We're open to Mexico, Bahamas, Aruba, Caymans, Virgin Islands... anything that meets our need for isolation. (we used to take Princess Cruises, but since they sold to Carnival, it hasn't been worth it.)

THANKS!!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio