Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Portland, Oregon trip-any suggestions for fun?

Posted by charleer (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 11, 02 at 6:12

We will be spending a week in Portland, Ore. Any suggestions on what to do and what to see while there?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Portland, Oregon trip-any suggestions for fun?

i used to live right downtown. it depends on your age though. the rose gardens are not to be missed. also for shopping pioneer place is right in the center of downtown and has some great shopping for all expenses. Also the omsi science museum is great if you have kids. For night there is some great theaters or dance clubs. or even just walking down by the riverfront is great. on the weekends they have this cool arts and crafts fair called saturday market. i always find neat jewelry and clothes there. if you have any specific questions on places just let me know. i loved living there and actually funny enough am going to be visiting there starting tomorow. so let me know.

o

Drive out the Columbia River Gorge on the old highway....visit Washington Park, the Rose Test Gardens and the Japanese Gardens....drive up to Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood and have lunch....take advantage of the great transportation system in down town.

o

The Rose Garden. I think it is Washington Park. Out of this world for roses. I was smelling every one of them!

o

I live here, I suppose you've already gone, but maybe this will help others.

All the posts are good things, but there is a lot more too. I guess a lot of it depends on what you like to do, and how far you want to travel outside of the Portland metro area. Activities, museums, ?

The coast is a couple hours away, the dessert a couple hours away, the Columbia River George which is beautiful and has Multnomah Falls. We also have one of the best places to wind surf up the gorge a little further. Great skiing too...most years. This one hasn't been so great.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here