Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help for mom's 60th birthday trip !!!

Posted by mcook (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 7, 06 at 21:58

My mom's turning 60 this year & she really wants to take a trip with the whole family (my husband & I, my sister, my brother-in-law, & their 2 sons: 2yrs old & a new born) Nevertheless, I'm not sure if my sister's family'll even join us due to their new addition in the family & along with budget concerns... So most likely it'll be just the 4 of us.

We thought about Mexico (maybe Cabo San Lucas or Los Cabos); the all-inclusive package (Either cruise or just flight in). Since this is the closest from Southern California, no visa needed, & theoretically cost less than...let's say: Hawaii or Europe.

Anybody can suggest other-wise or been to these locations that I mentioned above? Good? Bad?

We plan to travel in Fall (after Sept. most likely)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help for mom's 60th birthday trip !!!

I could not recommend Mexico at this time, nor anywhere outside the USA now for that matter. Bad timing. I can think of many good places in the USA. Why not the Ozarks? Many good places for a family vacation there, perhaps the Quachita Mountains in Arkansas, Hot Springs would be your staying over place there... In the Ozarks, Eureka Springs for a stop over In the Ozarks... My choices, unless Florida, perhaps?? Olando?

o
RE: Need help for mom's 60th birthday trip !!!

I would suggest Hawaii over Mexico. My friend went to Mexico with her parents and both she and her dad came back with digestive problems. The water in Mexico is not drinkable. With small children it will be hard to control. If you are on a budget, Europe can be very expensive with the weak dollar.

You can check out the different islands in Hawaii and see which one suits you best. Oahu is a lot of buildings and tourists, but a lot of night life action. Maui has nice beaches and is not so contained in one stop full of tourists (depending on where on the island you want to go, Kona (the big island) is quieter than Maui but the beaches tend to be rocky unless you stay at a resort where they have shipped in sand. Kauai is even less tourists and although I haven't spent a lot of time there is suppose to be lush and beautiful. It tends to rain more on this island.

I am sure where ever you pick, you will have a great time. Happy Birthday to your mom!

Here is a link that might be useful: Coastal Vacations Call Center

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here