Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dogs and Yellowstone

Posted by ponderinstuff (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 03 at 19:30

Anyone taken them? I understand they can't go on boardwalk or trails which would seem to make it nearly impossible to do anything. Just love to hear any feedback.

Also, anyone have ideas for dealing with heat in a car or trailer? Is there a way to cool them without car running?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dogs and Yellowstone

I've been to Yellowstone 8 or 9 times. I wouldn't want to ever have our dog with us for the reasons you stated. We had friends a number of yrs ago that took their dog with them and they regretted it because they were so limited in what they could do. If you've never been there, you should know that the best things to see require some hiking.

o

Sounds like animal cruelty to me...

o

Appreciate your answer Jan, we didn't end up taking them. It was a good decision.

Yeah, titan...I'm cruel to my animals that is why I asked questions regarding their safety and traveling with them. I really wanted to harm them, give me a break!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here