Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Travel arrangements on the web

Posted by Jonesy (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 26, 04 at 13:52

Our Sunday paper has a travel section and one of the items Sunday was booking hotel rooms on the internet, versus calling the hotel directly. They interviewed several hotel managers for the article. The reporter suggested...check on the internet for a rate at the hotel you want to stay at, then call the hotel to see if they will match that rate. If you make reservations on the net you may not get all the perks that come with making reservations directly with the hotel, like breakfast, manager hosted get togethers, no refund for cancellations, etc.. The hotel said it was also better to bypass the 800# for the hotel chain. I personally like to call the hotel and then call a couple of weeks later to confirm. I also ask how old the hotel is, I don't care for the older ones.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Travel arrangements on the web

I like using the link below when choosing a hotel. Most have been rated and given reviews by people who have stayed there. Some have pictures also and distances to restaurants, etc.

Here is a link that might be useful: Trip Advisor

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here