SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cruiser_1

Houseboating Vacations

cruiser_1
16 years ago

Has anyone ever enjoyed a family houseboating vacation? A friend of ours took one last year in Kentucky along with two other couples and said it was fantastic. We are looking at taking one in August at the same place our friends did. They have a special "first time Houseboater Rendezvous package being offered.

We checked out the info at www.statedock.com

If you have ever taken a houseboating vacations, I would appreciate your feedback.

Comments (2)

• cruiser_1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks for the info. We do enjoy boating and hopefully will enjoy a houseboating vacation also. I will definitely let you know once we return.

• naughtykitty
    16 years ago

I went on a trip several years ago with a group of friends. It was a lot of fun, but very expensive. You need to factor in fuel and docking charges. We spent a week on the houseboat and kept moored in the same place most of the time.

Be sure to bring games, insect repellant, music, etc

One thing that worked out great was to plan the menu ahead of time. Each of us was assigned a day to provide the meals. Boboli pizzas were great; each person made their own and chose toppings.

Another great thing we did was have comedy CD's to listen to at night on the roof of the boat. It was very dark out but we didn't want to sit inside watching TV so we all hung out on the roof every night and listened to comedy. It was a great way to relax and have some laughs.

Sponsored