Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Visiting Alpharetta GA.

Posted by aaaaaaaa (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 3, 08 at 12:33

Hi,

I am visiting Alpharetta GA in couple of weeks and will stay there for about a week. Any interesting things to see and do there? I love garden centers, greenhouse, outlet malls, aquarium and shopping at quality places for less price etc. If I like the place, I am planning to move to GA permanently.

Thanks
a

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Visiting Alpharetta GA.

Hopefully someone more familiar with Alpharetta than me will see this post and answer it, as I'm not particularly familiar with Alpharetta. I've been through there many times, but am not familiar with all their shopping, restaurants, etc.

A google search of plant nurseries alpharetta lists several nurseries. I live in metro Atlanta, not in Alpharetta but in the suburbs very similar to Alpharetta. Our local Pike nurseries' inventories seem low to me, since they've had financial woes. If I was visiting Alpharetta I'd be tempted to hit Blossom and Bloom, Scottsdale Farms, and Perennial Grace. If I were you, I would ask on the gardenweb georgia gardening forum for suggestions about garden centers and plant nurseries.

I'm not familiar with their outlet shopping, etc. We've been to North Georgia Premium Outlet in Dawsonville, which is right up GA 400 from Alpharetta. It's a regular outlet mall, just like the others we see up and down the interstate.

If you would like to visit the aquarium, the Georgia aquarium downtown is nice. I think I remember it being not that far from Atlantic Station, the Ikea, etc. You might enjoy spending a couple of days downtown, visiting the Atlanta Botanical Garden, the aquarium, shopping at Atlantic Station and Ikea, maybe take in something at the Fox Theater. The Coke museum is downtown also.

If you would like to live in a metro Atlanta suburb, my impression is that Alpharetta is a very nice place to live, particularly if you have kids. It has a lot of swim/tennis subdivisions, I think I remember the schools are good, and there are lots of sports and recreation opportunities for kids. The crime is probably low.

I hope you enjoy your trip to Alpharetta.

o

Hi,
daisyinga thanks for your reponse. Yeah, I will post it again in gardenweb georgia gardening forum. I will be visiting downtown Atlanta too. Thanks again

a

o

There is a wonderful plant nursery in Alpharetta, Scottsdale Farms. I know this is an old post, but if someone happens to google alpharetta and nursery....check it out! They grow their own plants on a farm north of the area in Big Canoe, GA. The nursery has a nice atmosphere and nice selection of plants and gifts. They also have a restaurant with fresh food-lots of their own vegetables and farm to table meats. We went their for Mother's Day-and we will return next year! scottsdalefarms.com 15639 Birmingham Highway Alpharetta, GA 30004 (770) 777-5875

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here