SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eastsidemeg

Philiadelphia

EastSideMeg
20 years ago

traveling to Philly in October....any suggestions for things to do, places to shop???

thanks!

meg

Comments (5)

• dedtired
    20 years ago

Plenty of things to do! I can't even begin to list them all. Don't miss the Franklin Institute Science Museum. You can visit the Academy of Natural Sciences (dinosaurs, etc!) which is just a block away.

The new National Constitution Center, along with the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall and all the other historic sights at that end of town. Also, the Lights of Liberty tour.

Shopping is not great in center city, but go to Manayunk (a city neighborhood) for interesteing shops and restaurants. Shopping is also good on Germantown Ave in the Chestnut Hill section, but less funky than Manayunk.

Of course, in the suburbs, you can buy anything you ever wanted at the two malls in King of Prussia, which is on the way the Valley Forge Park.

The Art Museum for adults.The Barnes Foundation, just outside the city.

Well, others have already written guide books. It just depends on what you like to see and do. There's also tons to do outside the city, such as the Brandywine River Museum (Wyeth paintings)and lots of public gardens that are fabulous.

There are more wonderful restaurants than you can ever get to in one lifetime. If you are a foodie, you will like the Reading Terminal Market.

October is a great time to visit. Please email me for specific questions!

Also try this link

Here is a link that might be useful: GoPhila

• dragonfly2
    20 years ago

And dont' forget Longwood Gardens while you are in Kennet Sq. and also be sure to same room for a lunch of the wonderful mushrooms grown in the area.
    The waterfront area in Philadelphia is nice too as is Betsy Ross House, Elfreds Alley. Boat House Row, The Philadelphia Zoo. Wyeth country around Chadds Ford is beautiful and will be perfect that time of year too.
    Just make sure you do as Dedtired suggested and don't miss Reading Terminal Market, another good market is the Italian Market down on 9th St. I assume it's still there, been awhile since I've been " home".

• mer4205
    20 years ago

Don't forget the North End for the famous cheese steak....

• dragonfly2
    20 years ago

When I lived there it was South Philly for cheesesteaks-

• mer4205
    20 years ago

Sorry, I got mixed up with Boston!!! :-(

Sponsored