Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outer Banks, or vacationing with dogs

Posted by esrade (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 17, 04 at 15:11

We'd like to take our dogs on vacation and would like some recommendations. Everyone tells us to go to the Outer Banks. Does anyone have any specific tips for the Outer Banks, such as places to stay, realtors to go through, etc? How far apart are the houses? I wouldn't trust my dogs off-leash, although if there weren't a lot of people around, I could put them on a 20' or 50' lead.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outer Banks, or vacationing with dogs

Check some rental agencies at Outer Banks would be my advice.
Did you know dogs are permitted on a leash on the boardwalk and beach of Ocean City MD off season? I think that's from the end of Sept - end of April. My dogs love strolling the boards and September is still a nice time to go there. Fenwick Inn takes dogs but be warned the rooms are usually smoking (and I would call for reservations first) but we put up such things to take the furbabies along. If you camp Tom's Cove park in Chincoteague, VA allows dogs but they are not allowed at Assateague Island where the ocean is. Good luck! Kathy

o

I have 2 great danes and we took them to OBX last year for 2 weeks. We stayed at a rental home that allowed pets, had a pool and a hottub!! The pool area was fenced so we didn't have to worry about them in that area. We walked them on leash for potty breaks and all went well. I'll post a link to a site with some realtors. Have fun!!

Here is a link that might be useful: OBX realtors

o
RE: vacationing with dogs - another website

This url has tons of places that accept pets

Here is a link that might be useful: pets on the go

o

Also try: Petfriendly.com, and travelpets. A search using Key words such as "pet friendly (insert town name)" will help too.

jerri

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here