Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any recommendations for memphis?

Posted by bobbi_IL (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 14, 04 at 12:17

We are contemplating taking a 3-4 day trip to Memphis as a little getaway for the hubby and I. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a neat place to stay (hotel or B & B)? And any good restaurants, entertainment and such? We like to do the traditional things, and the "off-the-beaten-path" stuff. And I really adore good food served in a memorable atmosphere (anything from upscale to dive!).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any recommendations for memphis?

The ducks at the Peabody Hotel are a "must see", especially at the end of the day when they turn on the music for them to get ready to march upstairs. Corky's has good barbeque. Many, many good restaurants. It's been so long since I've lived in that area that I really can't remember the names of any (and many really were dives but had delicious food). YOu might want to ask about restaurants on the cooking forum. You will get lots of replies over there. There are a few people from that area and they all love to talk food!

o

Not far from the Peabody is a really good BBQ restaurant called the "Rendezvous" The door is in a alley, so its not your everyday restaurant, and the pulled pork and BBQ was some of the best I have ever ate.
Bill

o

BB Kings place is fun, I believe it's on Beale street. Their fried dill pickles (no kidding) are great.
jerri

o

Was that Memphis, Tennessee or Memphis, Egypt?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here