SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
catt11

Hawaii ideas from those of you who have been there?

catt11
20 years ago

In early Nov. my husband and I are hoping to take my elderly mother-in-law to a place she has always wanted to go to--Hawaii. Any ideas on what would be good for someone who is very "young" and active for her age, but still elderly (early 80's)? She is not a "lay on the beach" type of person, but she would love to sit at a seaside table and take in the beautiful views. Any ideas from those of you who have been there for a really nice hotel that does not have to be in the middle of all the action (in fact it would be better to be in a more quiet area but within decent driving distance of restaurants, etc.) and does not have to be one of the 5-star (super expensive!) luxery hotels---just something CLEAN and pleasent. We were thinking of splitting the week up and staying on the islands of Maui and Kauai with a day trip to Honolulu to tour the Arizona memorial? Over 14 years ago I stayed at the Royal Lahaina Hotel in Maui and thought it was great, but now I am reading an awful lot of terribly mixed reviews. Sure did like the location of it though. Any and all help and suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thank you all in advance!

Comment (1)

Sponsored