Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Old Frangista Beach Inn

Posted by joanntx (My Page) on
Mon, May 16, 05 at 22:22

About 7 years ago (I'm guessing), Frangista Beach Inn on the Gulf in FLorida, was a wonderful hotel with a beautiful pool and restaurant. All rooms were gulf front
and nicely decorated. Nothing cheap or qitch. The rate was very reasonable. A greek couple owend it then sold it to a realty company. One of the last hurricanes damaged it so much they had to tear it down. Now, nothing but wildly expensive rentals are available. SO much of what I see there to rent is really ugly or a block to walk to the beach. Does anyone remember that wonderful inn or have any suggestions for a great place to stay, on the beach, that does not have 25 floors, ugly furniture and not $4000/wk?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Old Frangista Beach Inn

I live a couple of miles from the Gasparilla Inn on Boca Grande. The Bush family stays here annually. It is a quaint inn on a gorgeous island. It is very reasonable and you will not want to leave. Most people get around on golf carts. There are cute shops, lighthouses and golf as well as several beaches. Have a great time!

Here is a link that might be useful: Gasparilla Inn

o
More pictures of the area

I found some great pictures of Boca Grande and the surrounding barrier islands and towns. It is not my site. I love living here, it really is beautiful. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Boca Grande on Gasparilla Island

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here