Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gatlinburg Tennessee

Posted by casa1 (My Page) on
Tue, May 29, 07 at 21:24

We will be visiting for a convention with our children. Any ideas for things to do? Our children are young so hiking and camping is out of the question.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gatlinburg Tennessee

It has been a while since we went however there is still plenty of things for you and your young family to do. Isnt Dollywood in that area. I havent been ther but i heard it is fun. There are also plenty of shops and i do remember riding a chair lift up a mountain. That was alot of fun. A word of caution, When i went my kids were very young too. I noticed this man was following us throughout the stores. I knew something was up and i started to yell at him. He then ran away. I approached a police officer and he told me he was probably trying to steal my diaper bag which was positioned between the seats of the double stroller. He said it happens all the time. Be safe where ever you travel.

o
RE: Gatlinburg Tennessee

Parrot mountain was fantastic. My wife and I enjoyed it as much as my two boys (3&5). Dollywood was awesome and so was the Dixie Stampede. We had a great time. Shop around for a nice cabin. Depending on the time of year, you can get one for the same price or even less than the cost of a hotel room.
We didn't enjoy the deer park. It was kinda like a petting zoo with exotic animals there. The smell was pretty bad and there were flies everywhere.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here