Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Orleans Hotel Recommendations

Posted by mush (My Page) on
Fri, May 14, 10 at 20:48

Can anyone give advice on a nice hotel walking distance to the French Quarter for October for 4 adults traveling together. We will have about 5 days there. We've never been there before.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Orleans Hotel Recommendations

We went to Ramada Plaza Hotel - Inn on Bourbon on our trip to NOLA. It's on Bourbon Street, walking distance to everywhere..shops, cafes, Jackson Square, Cafe Du Mont. Very nice, clean room. Check out Trip advisor too.
Have fun.

o

You should try the Hotel Monteleone in the Quarter. It's beautiful and historic...an authentic taste of New Orleans.

Regardless where you decide to stay, don't miss Cafe Dumonde for beignets and cafe au lait and Central Grocery for a muffeletta. Yum! Have a great time!

o

I'm from the New Orleans area. If you want the best seafood there is (no kidding), you have to try the char-broiled oysters at Drago's. It is located in the Riverside Hilton.
Marikay is correct about Cafe du monde and Central Grocery. The last time I was in NOLA, I went to get a muffaletta and found out the hard way that Central Grocery is not open on Sundays :(

Here is a link that might be useful: Drago's

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here