Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chicago Hotel

Posted by Cattknap (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 03 at 18:50

Does anyone have a recommendation for a medium priced hotel in Chicago - near the lake/Miracle Mile or other good location. We would like to pay $200 a night or less. Thanks.
CAthleen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chicago Hotel

I have stayed at the Palmer House Hilton, which is near the lake and reasonably close to the Miracle Mile. Last time I stayed I paid $238 a night, but that was for a deluxe room. Also, it was for a seminar being held in the hotel, so we probably had a group rate. It is a very nice hotel with a Trader Vic's right there and it is pretty close to all the action.

o

Check out Hotel Allegro. We recently had it booked through Quikbook.com. Our daughter knows someone who used to work there and it came highly recommended. We've stayed in another of their properties. We ended up changing our plans, but our rate was 119.00 one night and 205.00 the second.

o

Check out the Ambassador East. It's right next door to our DS apartment and we stay there whenever we visit. We walk to everything from there.

o

Need a suggestion for a Chicago Hotel close to Wrigley Field. Maybe one that close or accessible by transit.

Price range: $100 +/- per night for a double.

We'll be driving in for a ball game in August and know nothing about Chicago.

Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here