Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identifying luggage

Posted by izzie (My Page) on
Thu, May 22, 08 at 13:55

My son will be traveling to Spain with a group of students (9 plus 2 teachers) I have seen this somewhere and can't remember just what was used...please give suggestions:

As we all know there is alot of look alike luggage out there, when it comes off the carosel at airports you have trouble even identifying your own. I would like to make some sort of matching thing that could be tied onto handle of everyones ones luggage in their group so they can identify bags from their group. I was thinking of using multiple colored strips of fabric, bright colored, or ribbons. I can sew, making something using a sewing machine would be ok.

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identifying luggage

A clerk at Hobby Lobby told me her daughter travels a lot and she ties fluorescent neck scarves (cowboy) on the suit case handles. I am going to put one on the end and on the side handles. The ship crew lost one of my bags in the Acapulco airport and I swore I would paint happy faces all over the things. One of the crew helped me fill out a lost form. When I arrived in Dallas it was on the carousel. I got lucky.

o

This is a little late, but any kind of distinguishing item tied onto the handle of the bag works. I made yarn tassels (pom pom kind of a thing)in the colors of our favorite university.

o

I use colored shoe laces (two colors) tied to the handle.

o

I have been on two trips since I posted about the kerchiefs. They really, really work. They are big, bright and show up well. I couldn't get near the luggage conveyor belt and mine was one of the first to come around. I just yelled at one of the men "the orange kerchiefs" and he pulled it right off for me. The others had to look closely at every black suitcase on the belt. I put them on the opposite end from the wheels.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here