Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
suggestions for orange county or la beach hotel

Posted by brenda55 (My Page) on
Wed, May 23, 07 at 9:26

I am looking for recommendations for a place to stay near to a beach or great place to relax in the Los Angeles/Orange County area in about 3 weeks. We are going to Las Vegas for 3 days, then driving to LA for a later-in-the-week stay at Disneyland. I would like to rest and relax for a couple of days before embarking on Disneyland!

Any suggestions? I'd like something $250 and under per night.

Thanks!

Brenda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: suggestions for orange county or la beach hotel

My recommendation would be to stay in Laguna Beach. It is a quiet, interesting little beach town, and only about 1/2 hour from Disneyland. The first Thursday of each month they have the "Art Walk". The galleries stay open late and they serve free wine and munchies. 6-9. www.firstthursdaysartwalk.com Since I live nearby, I haven't had much occasion to stay in the hotels in Laguna, but I did stay 1 night at the Inn of Laguna Beach and it was really nice. Hopefully this link will help you out. Don't be scared of the prices on the website, you can get rooms cheaper thru priceline, or directly thru the hotels. I don't think you'll go wrong staying in or near Laguna. It is a great place!

Here is a link that might be useful: Laguna Beach Hotels

o
RE: suggestions for orange county or la beach hotel

I really liked Santa Monica. We stayed a block off the beach and we were only a block from the Third Avenue Promenade (outside mall, blocked to foot traffic, only). The pier was an easy walk and a short drive into LA and Hollywood, Beverly Hills, etc. We were there 3 days and had a great time! I used tripadvisor to find a place. We wanted a kitchen, so the place we stayed was satisfactory, but by no means luxurious.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here