Return to the Family Vacation Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Budget vacation for large family (4 young kids)

Posted by shw104 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 21:38

Hi everyone...

I'm looking for budget and family friendly ideas for a summer vacation. Our kids are 7, 5, 3 and 3. We live near Washington DC and our budget is tight. We don't easily fit into a normal hotel but it's not out of the question. Since the kids (esp the youngest) are fairly young... it's overly difficult but not impossible to get away.

Any suggestions or advice?

Thanks everyone...
Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Budget vacation for large family (4 young kids)

My family and my sister's family loved the outdoors so we camped. We started out tent camping then as we could afford it moved up to a tent trailer. I had a trailer type camper in California but my favorite was a tent trailer. You may not care for camping but if you do it's much cheaper in the long run. We belonged to a camper's club and had winter meetings in the winter. We camped for 15 years.

o

great idea... we loved camping before we had kids.... been out once or twice when we only had two. haven't ventured out with all 4 yet. hoping to do so this year. Thanks for the idea. I'll have to look into a camper's club... never heard of that..

Scott

o

Take food that is easy to prepare, don't worry about "healthy food" for a week. LOL Some places you can have an open fire so take marshmallows. This brings back such good memories.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Family Vacation Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here